Quick Delicious Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti
This mouth-watering shrimp scampi is really delicious and will have you going back for seconds.Pair this with your favorite glass of wine for a perfect lunch or dinner option.It gets ready in just 35 minutes which makes it such a great option for a quick dinner.
- 1 16 OZ box spaghetti
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large redd onion diced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin divided
- 1 teaspoon Sea salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lbs large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 T fresh parsley chopped
- 2 large lemons cut into wedges, divided
- Heat a large pot of salted water over medium-high heat. Add spaghetti and cook according to package instructions
- While the spaghetti is cooking, add butter to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add red onion, garlic, and ground cumin.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, occasionally stirring until the onion softens and develops some color, in approximately 6-7 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the shrimp changes color and starts to curl slightly in approximately 2-3 minutes. Try not to overcook.
- Remove skillet from heat and add the chopped parsley and a couple squeezes of fresh lemon juice. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- When spaghetti is ready, please remove it from heat and pour it into a colander. Rinse briefly with warm water to prevent sticking, shake off excess moisture and transfer to a serving platter.
- Top spaghetti with the cooked shrimp mixture and serve immediately with the remaining lemon wedges.
- Some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for more added seasoning.